Who organizes these events and makes sure they run smoothly? That’s where corporate event management comes into play. These are professionals who handle an event from the creation of the event to the end of the event.
An organizer for corporate events has a wide variety of duties. Some examples include:
1. Researching hotels for availability of conference rooms. Hotels are more than just vacation spots. Many businesses hold meeting events in large conference rooms located at hotels. An event manager would choose a hotel’s conference room based on the size of the meeting and on what the hotel offers.
2. Coordinating caterers. There are many caterers to choose from for corporate affairs. An event manager will pick a caterer and create a menu based on a business’s budget and tastes.
3. Organizing travel arrangements and hotel rooms. Getting a lot of people to a company meeting or conference takes coordination. A company wants to make sure that everyone makes it to a destination at the same time and the same place.
4. Choosing and booking guest speakers. Large conferences often have keynote speakers. Part of corporate event management is to research and choose a speaker, based on the requirements of the business and on what the company can afford. Then, after the speaker is booked, it’s up to the event manager to make sure he or her makes it to the event.
5. Handling promotion and the creation of a brand. Some events, such as fundraisers, require promotion. An event manager would handle promoting the event on the Internet via social media, in the newspaper, on TV, and in other areas.
6. Preparing flyers, brochures and welcome packets. Most corporate events include flyers and brochures as well as welcome packets for the participants. An event organizer would be sure to secure those items for an event.
7. Handling legal matters. Some corporate affairs may have rules that need to be adhered to based on the venue choice. The event manager’s job would be to research those rules and then convey them to the event’s participants.
These are just some of the duties of corporate event management. In today’s society, it is a necessary and important function for businesses, especially those that employ a large number of people.